Here are three quick ways to determine what portions of your design need bridging.
- Select All
- Object -> Compound Path -> Release
This converts all of the closed paths of your design into their own objects. Now we can clearly see which pieces will be left on the laser bed, like so:
In Acorn, Photoshop etc:
- Eyedropper the color from your image
- Flood fill the background
All of the white portions need bridges.
To see what will actually be cut out, as with the Illustrator version:
- Use the magic wand to select the background
- Select -> Inverse (note: menu items may differ in Photoshop)
- Edit -> Fill
- Clear the selection